Thursday, June 11, 2009

Trust

"Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh; is anything too difficult for me?"
Jeremiah 33:27

It sure is easy to have trust in someone or something when all is going well. Not so much when you can't see how something is going. Sometimes I have trouble allowing God to be the one in control. I want to take charge and make sure that all goes well and sometimes that is impossible.

This past March we launched "Night Out!" It has been so exciting to see God work in the lives of so many people; the children with special needs, the families, and the volunteers. People have stepped up to offer amazing things far beyond my wildest dreams. We have someone teaching art, someone preparing meals for EVERYONE!

Night Out! has also caught on with the families who have special needs kids. Our first Night Out! in March we had 4 kids with special needs (one of which was my child...), this month, we have 17 children with special needs signed up and more families interested.

So... where does the idea of "trust" come in? We need volunteers to be buddies!! At last count, we had 17 children with special needs (plus sibs) and 4 buddies!! YIKES!!! We have just a little over 24 hours to find more buddies!

I have really been struggling with this. I know that this is something Satan has been using... The little voice in my head says "see... your idea was stupid! no one wants to do this! Just be done." Sometimes it's hard to ignore. I get caught up in the lie and feel defeated and want to runaway. Then this morning, I met a mom who is new this month to our program. She was dropping off the family registration. She was so excited for this program. Her and her husband have been unable to go out to dinner for an evening for about 7 years because they can't find a sitter. They have a child with Autism and have been unable to find someone willing to watch their little boy for even a few hours.

So.. this IS an important endeavor. These families with special needs children ARE important to God... I have just got to trust that God WILL supply the needed workers.

No comments:

Post a Comment