Friday, April 24, 2009

Brochures...

The brochures are finally done and we have been handing them out for about a week now. Early this week, it was pointed out to me that my email address on the brochures was wrong. No wonder I wasn't getting any response!! Email address fixed and back to printing off brochures to hand out.

We decided to go with the color brochures because they looked so much sharper. The black and white ones just didn't look "professional". The problem with the color brochures is that we don't have a color copier at the church. To make the brochures (in color), we have to print them off the computer one by one. It is so time consuming and costly, too. But since the colored brochures look so much better than the black & white it's really the only way to go.

This morning I received an email from Children's Village, it said that they were out of brochures for "Night Out!" and wanted more... "50 would be a good amount..." Oh my goodness!! Making 50 brochures all at one time!! Yikes!

Time for a new plan! With brochure in hand, I went off to get quotes from different printing places. I was really going on faith since I have a budget of ZERO for brochures and promotions. I went to a few places and was getting quotes like $100 and $89.40. One place even offered a 10% discount. I was told that I could get a much better price if I was to go black & white. But if we went with black & white, I could do them myself.

I went to one more place and received the answer to my prayer! When the office manager took one look at the brochure and found out what we were doing for families with special needs kids, she said that she wanted to help out. She offered to do 150 brochures for us and she would pay the cost of printing!!! Thanks Sue!! Thank you God for answered prayer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment