Friday, June 4, 2010

Getting All the Ducks in a Row

There is still a whole week left until June's "Night Out!" at YEC, and we already have 22 kids signed up! It is so exciting! One new family (with 2 kids), has already registered and I've heard that another family (with 2 kids) is interested and will be filling out the paperwork soon. The 22 children registered to come next Friday, represent 10 different families. That's 10 families in our community that will be blessed with a 3-hour respite. I am so thankful to all the volunteers (most of them had never worked with special needs kids/families before) who make this possible.

This month will be a bit different for me; I'm not going to be there! It feels rather strange to be planning and organizing an event that you love, but know you won't be able to attend. I know that it is going to be a wonderful blessing for everyone involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment