Saturday, October 9, 2010

Tears of Joy and Tears of Sadness

Last night was my last Night Out! at YEC. It was a wonderful evening. We had 25 kids, 7 of them were there for the first time last night. We were a bit low on volunteers, but I have fabulous volunteers, and we made it through with no problem.


 

I am so excited for our new adventure in Seattle and the possibilities of growing Mark 10:14 Ministries into it's own non-profit organization. However, the idea of leaving this program that I started 1 ½ years ago hurts my heart. I have gotten to know many of these families very well. All of them have a story to tell and I feel blessed to have been able to be a part of their lives.


 

For now, my roll in Mark 10:14 Ministries will be get the program up and running so that it can be taken into other churches. Through YEC, we have proved that; #1 there is a great need in our communities for respite to families with special needs children. #2 "regular church people" filled with God's love can make a huge difference in the lives of these families. We will be developing the curriculum for Night Out! , so that it is easy to follow and easy to improvise. I am so thankful that YEC wants to keep Night Out! going after I leave. I will be spending the next few weeks going over how I ran Night Out!, so they can take it, make it their own and run with it.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment